Pages

Wednesday 22 January 2014

My progress - 22 January 2014 - Learning to play the violin

Good day/evening everyone

i hope you all have good day 


do not forget to smile 




My progress 

Learning to play the violin:-



18 January 2014




i am currently try to learn the violin .. play the bow on the violin while move my fingers on the G string to get the tunes A,B,C,D

the problem is i either think and focus on the bow or i think and focus on my finger to land in the right tune it kind drive me mad .. because i have to focus in the same time on both .. i have no idea

and here the funny thing the tuner app say that my goose sound i do is the right hz that mean the right tune lol  .. i am so mad right now and wonder how to make that goose sound go away  but will keep trying

19 January 2014

after alot of trying about half an hour play my finger only on the g string
I tried to make the big jump again and play the bow on the violin while play my finger on the tunes i think i got it from A:D  yeah finally
but when i try the other way from D:A i miss up in the middle lol but i guess half hour on the other way that mean from D:A will make my finger use to play it the two way with out miss up
I keep my tuner i mean my phone on it the tuner app like i do when i tune my violin i keep it on auto tune to see is what i do right or do I need to adjust something
I keep it all the time while playing in front of me it become very helpful and friendly to me

fingerboard guide :-

I had put on my fingerboard a plastic guide string to know where is the right place of the tune
I did it with testing  by put my finger on an area on the g string 
(I am working now on that string till i feel comfortable playing then will go to the other strings)
anyway as i was saying i was put the fingerboard guide so i get to use to the right place of the tune and i test an area i put my finger on the string and just play the string with my right hand on the string where i play my bow and till i get the right tune

for example :-

the A tune I put the plastic guide string 
(i just use some plastic string guide that can stick but not dirt my fingerboard when removed)
and put it on the four finger places and test all the tunes on all the string till it give me the right tune on each .. i got it to work for me   


21 January 2014

I found a violin fingerboard guide when i made quick research on Google


I adjust my fingerboard plastic guide to be on the right places
and adjust the bridge it start to lean down from playing and tuning the violin than i had played a little on the G string still need some practice to get it to sound good

those photos from Google search    
I had used the first guide the one on the left .. I think it about the length of the fingers that guide felt natural to me so i used it .. i am just testing   

key word for the research :  violin fingerboard guide








that is my violin after i put on it my homemade guide   



that is my violin after i adjust the bridge

and I quote that about place the bridge on the violin 
  • The bridge should be horizontally centered on the instrument so that there is an equal amount of space between each string and the edge of the fingerboard.
  • The bridge should also sit between the small nicks on the insides of the "f" holes (scroll to tailpiece), square to the center-line of the strings.
  • The lower part of the bridge should be used to support the E string, the higher part for the G string 






I am play on the middle part of the bow right now 

my hand still not precise when play on the top of the bow it is too far .. not yet to play on that part or near the frog at the bow tail  

and i found out how to make the goose sound go away it was the bow need some rosin on the bow hair  

I am so happy 



some final thoughts :-



I am very excited about my progress on learning to play the violin i did now about 6h on the violin (playing,tuning,put the fingerboard guide) 

In case you wandering why i keep record about the time i spend .. that because i am testing a theory "the first 20h learn anything" it is from a book i had read .. I like the idea so i kept record about the time i spend learning the violin to see if it work

To tell you the truth  till now i think it start to give me happy and positive thoughts  

In case you like to read the book here it is name :

The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything...Fast by Josh Kaufman

and that is a video I had watched before i even know that book .. it is a sum up for the book theory  
here you go :


I wish you all very nice and happy learning journey



good day all .. do not forget to smile   

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment